Our Roofing Expertise
Ross Roofing provides a variety of residential and commercial roofing services for clients in Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties. We deliver new construction roofing, repairs, re-roofing, waterproofing, and even real estate roof inspections. Our family-owned and operated company has decades of experience working with all types of high-quality roofing materials, including:
- Single ply PVC FiberTite
- TPO membranes
- Asphalt shingles
- Metal, wood, synthetic blends
- Two-piece clay tile roofing
We are also Monterey County’s only certified Owens Corning Platinum Level Shingle Installer. Our employees are factory trained and certified FiberTite, DuroLast, Metal Roofing and Tile Roofing Institute product applicators.
Our Roofing Specialties
- New Roof Construction: We make roofing an easy and simple choice for your building project.
- Re-Roofing: We install all types of retrofit and recover roof systems. All products covered. Over six decades of experience.
- Roof Repair: Have a nightmare leak that no one else has been able to solve? Bring it on! We have one of the highest success ratios of leak-busting in our area. Yes, we are that confident.
- Gutters: Our gutter installations are second to none.
- Sheet Metal Fabrication Shop: We can handle nearly all custom sheet metal fabrication roof applications. We employ trained and experienced sheet metal workers at our company so that we can avoid unnecessary subcontracting whenever possible.
- Foundation Waterproofing: We specialize in critical below grade foundation waterproofing applications. We have a proven track record of success that alleviates anxieties for this critical component of your structure.
- Walkout Decks: We install all types of walkout decks from DesertCrete and Gaco Western to Bituthene waterproofing below tile and also other walkout deck solutions.
- Real Estate Inspections: There are Roof Inspections, and there are “roof inspections”. Most roof inspections on today’s market are several paragraphs filled with roofing jargon that you might not be able to accurately understand. Not at Ross Roofing. You will receive a report with many photographs and an explanation as to what is right or wrong in the picture you are looking at. We are well known on the Peninsula for our professional photo-documented inspections and proposals. Our inspections are affordable, accurate, and honest. If you are a real estate professional looking to significantly upgrade what you provide your clients with for a roof inspection, call us today and be prepared to be impressed.
The Scoop About Roofing Warranties
Most basic roofing warranties are worthless to the consumer. There are workmanship warranties and then there are the accompanying product manufacturer’s performance warranties. If your roofing company does not take the time to explain the difference and nuances associated with these two items… RUN!
Most manufacturer’s warranties are pro-rated with a nebulous “reduction figure” for today’s dollars to protect the manufacturer. For example: if you paid $15,000 for a new roof today, and 11-15 years later the product failed, the manufacturer might only pay out the prorated amount of 1/600 per month left on the warranty tied to an allotted pro-rated dollar figure.
That means that, for a typical 3,000 square foot home with basic product warranty from the manufacturer, you might only get back a couple hundred dollars!
Our workmanship warranties: Ross Roofing provides 5-10 year workmanship warranties on most of our new roofing projects (NOTE: We offer no warranties on repairs). All roofing companies offer a workmanship warranty, however, it is only as good as the last month they succeed in staying in business. What good is a 10-year warranty if the problem presents itself during year 7 and your roofing company has gone out of business? Every year, it seems like a dozen “brand spanking new” roofers open business on our peninsula and, every year, 5 or 6 of them mysteriously disappear. We know this because Ross Roofing has a rather robust repair department that operates 365 days a year fixing unspeakably shameful roofing atrocities that other hack kneed roofing failures leave behind. Oh, the stories we can tell!
The best warranty on the market right now is the Owens Corning, 50-year, no questions asked, Platinum warranty for residential asphalt shingle roofs. Simply put, even if your roofing company goes out of business 49 years from today, Owens Corning will still replace every last shingle on your home for free if it fails to protect you from the storms. The clincher that makes this warranty invaluable? That the roof that you paid $15,000 for today will cost over $50,000 to replace if it fails in 49 years — but not if you have this fantastic Platinum Owens Corning warranty.
The only requirement for this Platinum warranty is that you have your asphalt shingle roof installed by your area’s Owens Corning Platinum-level Roofing Company.
Why Ross Roofing's Platinum Level Re-Roofing Warranty For Asphalt Shingles is the Best You Can Buy
Ross Roofing’s new asphalt shingle roof warranty is a good example of premiere consumer protection. Together with Owens Corning, we provide you with a 50-year NON pro-rated material and labor warranty. Details include:
- No nebulous “reduction figure” to be pro-rated.
- All labor, roof tear-off costs, material, disposal fees, roof removal, and installation of new materials are completely covered at no cost to the building owner.
- If your new asphalt shingle roof leaks for any reason due to faulty workmanship or defective materials, that leak will also be repaired at no cost to you.
- In most cases, Ross Roofing will waive the cost of this extended warranty.
Warranty duration (asphalt shingle roof): 50 years!
Wanting a new roof? Then please ask your Ross Roofing Pro to explain your warranty options. We understand that reading through a warranty can be both confusing and daunting, so we provide a thorough and easy-to-understand explanation of your warranty details.
If the roofing pro you’re talking to isn’t fluent in warranty language, it’s because he has nothing to offer you. Run away from that company as fast as possible!